1 oz American Gold Eagle Coin BU (Random Year)
- Product ID:1
- Grade:Brilliant Unc
- Grade Service:None
- Denomination:50 Dollars
- Mint Mark:W – West Point (Not Shown)
- Metal Content:1 troy oz
- Thickness:2.87 mm
- Diameter:32.7 mm
- Inner Pack:20
- Outer Pack:500
1 oz American Gold Eagle Coin BU (Random Year) Product Details
The U.S. Mint does not sell bullion coins directly to the public. Instead, they distribute their coins to a handful of authorized purchasers, like APMEX, who then sell the Gold bullion coins to the public.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in tubes while multiples of 500 are packaged in Monster Boxes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Modified from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famous Gold Double Eagle design, which depicts Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: The original Type 1 Reverse, utilized from 1986-2021, displays a male American bald eagle in flight bringing an olive branch to his nest, where a female waits with their young. The Type 2 reverse, introduced in 2021, features a striking close-up portrait of the American bald eagle.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.
Safeguard your Gold American Eagle with a clear plastic capsule or safely display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Bring one of America’s most iconic designs to your collection by adding a 1 oz American Gold Eagle coin BU (random year) to your cart today!
Coins may or may not vary in date and type according to available inventory. To purchase specific dates for your collection, browse our full selection of American Gold Eagles.
American Gold Eagle Coins
American Gold Eagle coins are among the most popular bullion investments in world. First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, these government-backed Gold coins quickly became an instant classic with their iconic designs and purity guarantees on all four sizes including 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 or 1 oz of fine Gold.
Appealing to a wide range of investors and collectors, all four sizes of the Gold American Eagle feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government.
IRA-Approved Gold Eagles
In the midst of the various social, political and financial factors that continuously affect the global economy, Precious Metal holdings in an IRA can provide financial reassurance and stability. Many people view Precious Metals, such as Gold and Gold coins, as a more secure option for investment than stocks, bonds, or other less-tangible assets. An IRA backed by Gold can give you the opportunity to invest in a physical commodity with a strong historic record as a store of value. The Gold American Eagle is IRA-approved and widely available at Inex Mint.